Wednesday, May 6, 2009
The Clash (not the band)
In todays new world odor there are often clashes between regular folk and the authorities. The scenes play out like just another day in the global village. For now each country still has their own fancy national uniforms but demonstrators around the world all look about the same, in a word menchydowntrodddeners. The occasional cracked scull n rubber bullets are one thing, but...
... it's the militarization of civilian police, stupid.
Can you guess which caption goes with which photo?
A. Dancing to different drummers...
B. Save a ton o money on your riot insurance...
C. It's a desert thing...
D. Check-up from the neck-up free dental...
E. Helmet-heads united for peace...
F. Shut the F up before i break your neck.
G. Daytime Rave in N. Korea... uups
Bloke, those pants a radical...
Pink Peruvian cap $5. plaid vest $5. Speedo $5. Matrix sunglassed $5.
Laugh Out Loud with the Riot Squad, priceless.
1. Police confront demonstrators during a protest against the outcome of Sunday's election in Chisinau April 7, 2009. Thousands of demonstrators denouncing a Communist victory in ex-Soviet Moldova's parliamentary election smashed windows of the president's offices on Tuesday and hurled stones at police. Reuters
2. Police scuffle with demonstrators during a protest calling for a ceasefire in Sri Lanka, in central London April 7, 2009. Hundreds of Tamil protesters staged an overnight protest outside Britain's parliament on Tuesday calling for London's help in securing a ceasefire between Sri Lankan forces and Tamil Tiger separatists.
3. German riot police detain a demonstrator during a protest in Berlin, April 4, 2009. Around 500 people took part in the demonstration to set a sign against a party meeting of Germany's far-right NPD at the city hall of the German capital's Reinickendorf district. Reuters
4. Anti-NATO activists stage a protest in front of a squad of riot police in downtown Strasbourg, eastern France, Saturday April 4, 2009, during NATO's 60th-anniversary summit. Police held back protesters with tear gas and detained two dozen people in a pre-dawn clash before a summit of leaders of 28 NATO nations on the French-German border. AP
5. An anti-NATO demonstrator plays the drums as French riot police block a group staging a protest next to the congress centre where leaders are meeting in Strasbourg, April 4, 2009. The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) military alliance is celebrating its 60th anniversary this week at a summit co-hosted by Germany and France. Reuters
6. BADEN-BADEN, GERMANY - APRIL 03: A policeman frisks a protester in a demonstration against the NATO summit on April 3, 2009 in Baden-Baden, Germany. According to the police around 300 demonstrators protest ahead of the NATO summit attended by 28 leaders including U.S. President Barack Obama. Getty
7. Demonstrators clash with police during protests near the Bank of England in London April 1, 2009. Thousands of demonstrators converged on London's financial district on Wednesday, chanting "abolish money" and "storm the banks" in a heavily policed protest to coincide with the G20 summit of world leaders. Reuters
Hint: Visit Cryptome, crypiest out-a-control renegade info site on the web. How they stay in business is amazingly comforting to all FOIA freaks.